Skip to main content

Sec 5: The Present Participle

We will consider sentence patterns in which the present participle is used.

e.g.
1.I watched the men cutting down a tree.
2. I heard the woman arguing with her husband.
3. We watched the python chasing a chicken.
4. They found the thief hiding behind a bush.

Exercises:
Complete each statement in any sensible way.

1. I watched him sweeping ...
2. They found the man hiding ...
3. Yesterday, I saw Kassim riding ...
4. We saw them playing. ..
5. She watched me painting ...
6. Look at those ants dragging...
7. Here is a book explaining how to ...
8. I can see Peter waving ...
9. We heard him telling...
10. I saw Eng Hock chasing ...


Popular posts from this blog

A Sample of Email for Upsr Students

A sample of email for students who are eager to know more.

Feedback from a student

Feedback from a student

Physical Attributes - size /shape

Physical Attributes – Size / Shape Size / Shape tall short of about average height medium height fat well-built muscular thin slim stout lanky shapely broad chest square shoulders paunchy chubby